Hope Endures: Finding Hope in Your Life
How can you cultivate hope when things look bleak? Feeling like there is no hope is one of the most challenging emotions we manage. After all, why would someone even try when they believe there is no hope, and see no possibility for things to improve?
It’s important to remember that no matter how hopeless things appear, there’s always the opportunity for things to get better. Even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time, things can change.
All of us have challenges at times, and we all have moments where there doesn’t appear to be a way out. Yet everyone who doesn’t give up seems to come out of his or her struggles okay.
One of the most impactful feelings you’ll ever experience is hope. Hope occurs when we center our expectations on something. Your hope is like a wish for something to happen. And there’s power in those wishes!
Consider these points to increase your power with hope:
- Hope plants a seed. Whenever you want or need for something, having hope is a suggestion that it could actually occur. Hope can grow into a whole new existence. Your life’s journey can be enhanced simply by having hope.
- Spend some time with miraculous things. For many, nature’s bounty is awe-inspiring, from flowers and waterfalls to butterflies and spider webs. When you see what’s possible, you realize that you too capable of remarkable things.
- Regardless of what you’re facing, remember your earlier miracles and know you’re entirely capable of working through it. You’ve probably learned how to walk, talk, and maybe even how to drive. Perhaps you’ve graduated from high school or college. For humans, the seemingly impossible is, in fact, possible.
- Hope produces a “can do” spirit. For example, if you want your relationship to be better, you can draw upon the hope within you. That desire to want a deepened, more connected partnership is rooted in a hope that you can put the relationship back on track.
- Hope cultivates a personal sense of responsibility and ownership. The next step is then to ask yourself, “What can I do to make the relationship grow?” Only then do you have the power to convince yourself that you can truly affect a change in your own life.
- Hope often leads you to the answer. When you’re clueless about how to resolve a difficult issue, you “resort” to hoping the issue will be solved somehow. Your thoughts begin to meander through all the ins and outs of figuring out the challenge. Before you know it, you’ve hit on something that might help the situation.
- Try reading books that chronicle the triumphs of others.
- Think of activities that might inspire you. Use every tool at your disposal.
- Faith could be a source of inspiration.
- The purest form of strength and power in your life emerges solely from within you. Only your own thoughts and desires are needed. Hope is free and available to you at any time you wish to tap into it.
- Hope enhances your personal commitment to the issue at hand. When you’ve thought enough about a challenge, you’re likely committed to overcoming that challenge.
- Personal commitment sets you up to sharpen your focus and find a way to create the end result you desire.
- Be courageous. Often, cultivating hope requires courage to take that first step forward. Give yourself the chance to find your way through your challenges.
- Creativity and imagination are necessary when you’re hoping for something to grow or change in a positive way. You stretch yourself by considering resolutions you hadn’t considered before.5.Hope allows you to accept and forgive others. Many times, the path you seek can only be paved by your complete acceptance of others and your ability to forgive them.
- We’ll all be exposed to those who annoy or bewilder us. And unfortunately, we’ll be hurt by the actions and words of others at some point or another. However, having hope encourages us to move past these positions of powerlessness and discover the true strength of our character.
- Absorb optimism. Surely, you’ve come across people who persistently see the bright side of things. They’re the ones that could stand in the middle of the worst thunderstorm the world has ever seen and say, “I think it’s starting to clear up.”
- Seek out these people and spend time with them. Their optimism will soon start to rub off on you. Talk to them about your challenges; they may have a perspective that can really give you a push in the right direction.
- Spend time with those less fortunate. Volunteering to help the homeless or hospice patients can show you that things aren’t quite as challenging as you originally thought.
- Sometimes when you observe firsthand how difficult things can be, you develop a different perspective about your own situation.
If you want to find hope in your life, you always can! Possessing hope enables you to perform challenging acts and believe the unbelievable. Although your search for hope might take some work, never give up. Just keep working through it and you’ll discover that you have plenty of reasons to be hopeful. The good life you deserve can be attained by striving to have hope. I challenge you to let go of your self-doubt and negativity. Discover your power by embracing all the riches hope can deliver. It All Starts with You.
Take a moment and connect with Nancy!