GUARANTEED NO STRESS HOLIDAY COOKIES
I always believed that the best gifts were homemade gifts. With the holidays quickly sweeping in, holiday cookies are on my mind and my to-do list. I would love to say I am excited to try new recipes, but I love what I love. Also, the recipes I use pack great flavors, and I promise you, they are most likely the easiest recipes you will work with. I hope you try them all.
HOLIDAY RUM BALLS
This is another great recipe for entertaining. They are wonderfully easy to make and really pack a festive rum punch.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup rum
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and cocoa until blended. Add crushed wafers and walnuts; toss to combine. In another bowl, mix corn syrup and rum; stir into wafer mixture.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners’ sugar. Store in an airtight container.
I hope the holiday season brings you peace and joy. Merry Christmas.