GUARANTEED NO STRESS HOLIDAY COOKIES
I always believed that the best gifts were homemade gifts. With the holidays quickly sweeping in, holiday cookies are on my mind and my to-do list. I would love to say I am excited to try new recipes, but I love what I love. Also, the recipes I use pack great flavors, and I promise you, they are most likely the easiest recipes you will work with. I hope you try them all.
We love eggnog, and the flavors of these cookies will bring out the holiday spirit. You can even make them more festive making them with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Colored sugar
- Vanilla frosting, optional
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using floured 3-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Cool on wire racks. If desired, decorate with frosting.
I hope the holiday season brings you peace and joy. Merry Christmas.