GUARANTEED NO STRESS HOLIDAY COOKIES
I always believed that the best gifts were homemade gifts. With the holidays quickly sweeping in, holiday cookies are on my mind and my to-do list. I would love to say I am excited to try new recipes, but I love what I love. Also, the recipes I use pack great flavors, and I promise you, they are most likely the easiest recipes you will work with. I hope you try them all.
HAZELNUT YULE LOGS
Besides being incredibly easy to make, the nutty yule logs travel well.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice and zest. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Place hazelnuts in a small bowl. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 cupful of dough into 1/2-in.-thick ropes, about 22-in. long. Cut ropes into 2-in. logs. Lightly brush each log with water; roll in hazelnuts to coat. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
I hope the holiday season brings you peace and joy. Merry Christmas.