GUARANTEED NO STRESS HOLIDAY COOKIES
I always believed that the best gifts were homemade gifts. With the holidays quickly sweeping in, holiday cookies are on my mind and my to-do list. I would love to say I am excited to try new recipes, but I love what I love. Also, the recipes I use pack great flavors, and I promise you, they are most likely the easiest recipes you will work with. I hope you try them all.
THUMBPRINT BUTTER COOKIES
These round little heavenly butter cookies look beautiful on a platter if you are having guests. Just fill the thumbprint in the center with your favorite preserves.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot or other fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake until edges are light brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Fill with preserves.
I hope the holiday season brings you peace and joy. Merry Christmas.