Because someone said we needed a “manly” recipe” on our website we decided to provide ONE great manly recipe–FOR TODAY.. For this recipe you will actually need a BBQ grill. If you don’t have one or don’t feel comfortable using the grill just stick to the good old fashion oven. Either way be careful so you won’t burn anything!
- 12 whole fresh plump chicken wings (or as many as you need/frozen wings okay)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- ¼ cup of BBQ sauce
- Mix all spices in a large bowl and add cut up chicken pieces. Mix and toss to coat and place in a gallon zip lock bag overnight.
- The following day, preheat grill to medium. These wings are good on their own. Simply cook them for 20-30 minutes on an oiled medium grill until done.
- Line a grill pan with foil with a little foil ridge around the outside and set aside.
- Have a large bowl standing by.
- Heat grill to medium high and brush grates with a little vegetable oil. Place wings on oiled grates and grill 20 minutes turning often and keeping lid shut between turns.
- Now this is when the fun starts. As stated these wings you can eat with just the rub or you can add your BBQ sauce.
- In a bowl, mix one 15 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce to 1/2 of either your favorite beer or can of coke and use this mixture to dip your wings in.
- Use the BBQ mixture as is or use mix to cook your wings for another 3 minutes about dipping.