What more could your mouth ask for…These are just brilliant! ~~~>Enjoy!
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
11 tablespoons (5.5 ounces) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
6 ounces lean ground pork
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 cup half-and-half cream
1. For the Tart Crust: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, butter, egg, and salt together with a wooden spoon, or with a hand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix until the dough comes together into a cohesive mixture, rather than lots of individual lumps, and can be formed into a ball.
2. Grease the wells of a regular size muffin tin . You will need 20 separate muffin wells, so it will take multiple tins. On a floured work surface, roll the dough out into a log about 15 inches long. Cut the log into 20 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then flatten it slightly with your palms. Place the dough into a greased muffin tin and use your fingers to press the dough out and up the sides of the muffin well to shape the sides.
3. For the Filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a skillet, cook the ground pork over medium heat until no longer pink. While it is cooking, season it with the ground chipotle chile and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
4. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and chives into the tart shells. In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream, and remaining salt together until combined. Pour the mixture into the quichelette crusts until it reaches the top edge of the crusts.
5. Bake the quichelettes for 26-28 minutes or until slightly browned. Let them cool for about 10 minutes and then very gently lift them out with a butter knife and serve warm.