News| 5-year-old saves blind grandmother from a house fire

image

A little girl was able to use a lesson she learned in school to help save herself and her blind grandmother when their home caught on fire. Cloe Woods, 5, was able to act quickly when a fire started on the stove early Wednesday morning. She immediately went to her grandmother’s room, and proceeded to get them both out of the home.

“She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house,” Cloe’s mom, Shone Arceneaux, told WWL-TV. Arceneaux was not present at the time of the fire because she was taking her other children to a nearby carpool stop.

Once Cloe, her grandmother and their dog were safely out of the home, the girl had the presence of mind to ask neighbors to call 911.

Cloe’s teacher said their class visited the Kenner Fire Department in October. This is where Cloe and the other kids in her class were told something very important: If there’s a fire, you need to get out of the house.

Cloe extended the lesson to her grandmother and dog.

The school has set up a GoFundMe page to help the family in the aftermath.

Source: Fox 43 News

Advertisements

Chat with us.. LEAVE A COMMENT

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s