As women we all can admit that we need household tips to help us make it through the day. Here’s 42 very helpful tips from Charter House Interior that will actually save the day!
1. Sticking bicycle chain- Pam no stick cooking spray
2. Pam will also remove paint and grease from your hands.(Keep a can in the garage for your hubby)
3. Pam cooking spray will dry fingernail polish
4. Body Paint- Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty container and mix with food color of your choice.
5. A Slinky will hold CDs or Toast
6. Budweiser Beer conditions your hair
7. Cool Whip conditions your hair-Leave on 15 minutes
8. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it also conditions your hair
9. Brewed Lipton Tea makes your hair shiny
10.Peanut Butter will take the ink off of baby dolls
11. Peanut Butter will get scratches off of CDs-Wipe off with a coffee filter
12. Use Cornstarch for athletes’ feet
13. Use Cornstarch on Barbie dolls to help get the tight clothes on-sprinkle it on and watch those clothes slide right on
14. Pour vinegar on your hair to remove heavy dandruff
15. Stinky Feet- Soak in Jell-O water
16. Puffy Eyes- Preparation H
17. Chigger Bites- Preparation H
18. Bee Stings- Meat Tenderizer
19. Paper Cut- Use chapstick or Super glue to close it
20. Elmers’s Glue- Rub on your face and let it dry, peel off and see the dead skin cells and blackheads disappear
21. Sunburn- Large jar of NESTEA into your bath water
22. Minor Burn- Colgate or Crest Toothpaste
23. Did you BURN your tongue? Sprinkle sugar on it
24. Tye Die T-shirt- mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container,tie a rubber band around a section of the t-shirt and soak
25. Preserve a newspaper clipping- Large bottle of Club Soda and a cup of Milk Of Magnesia,soak for 20 minutes and let dry.Lasts for many years!
26. Toenail or Fingernail FUNGUS- Apply VICKS Vapor rub
27. Kool AID to clean dishwasher pipes- put it in the detergent section and run a cycle.It also works on toilets
28. Kool AID can be used as a dye in paint. Also can be used in Dannon Plain Yogurt as a FINGER PAINT.Your kids will love it and it won’t hurt if they eat it
29. Arthritis- Spray WD 40 and rub in,it KILLS insects too
30. Keep glasses and goggles from fogging by coating with colgate toothpaste
31. Wine Stains- pour on the Morton Salt and watch the wine being absorbed into the salt
32. Remove labels off glassware with peanut butter
33. To remove WAX- Take a paper towel and iron it over the was stain,the paper towel will absorb it
34. Baked on food-Fill container with water and get a BOUNCE fabric softener sheet,soak overnight and the food comes right off.You can also use 2 EFFEREDENT tablets soak overnight.
35. Listerine for dirty GROUT
36. Crayon on wall- Colgate toothpaste and brush
37. Keep FRESH FLOWERS longer, add a little CLOROX or 2 BAYER Aspirin. You can also use 7UP instead of water
38. Fleas in your carpet- 20 MULE TEAM Borax-Sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Repeat if fleas come back
39. Grass Stains-KARO Syrup
40. Use Colgate Toothpaste for stains on CLOTHES
41. Grease Stains-Coca Cola– it will also remove grease stains on driveway overnight. We all know that it gets acid erosion from car batteries
42. Lastly, here’s a great tip about BREAD. If you are the type that always squeeze the bread to see if its fresh or not—–> STOP IT!! 🙂 Bread is delivered fresh to the stores 5 days a week so each day has a different color twist tie. Here are the days and colors of twist ties:
So, if today was Thursday,you would want the red twist tie;not the white which is Friday’s(almost a week old) The colors go alphabetically by color Blue-Green-Red-White-Yellow,Monday through Saturday,Very easy to remember.I thought this was interesting.I looked in the grocery stores DO have different twist ties,and even the ones with the plastic clips have different colors.
Here’s a bonus: GRAPE GATORADE works for MIGRAINE HEADACHES
Have you used any of these remedies before? Which ones will you try in the near future?