1. Water, Water……..and WATER: Water is my best friend. It’s was keeps my hair moisturize after I wash and condition my hair and it’s also great when I do my LOC (Water/Leave-in, Oil, Cream) method. Water also helps me with retaining my length by drinking it…….So drink up.
2. Protective Styling: When I put my hair into a style, I try to style it in a way that at least it will last week without daily hair manipulations (combing, nightly twisting, and etc.). The best protective styles that I do are mini twist or braids because I can give my hair a break from styling and low manipulations.
3. Deep Condition: I try to deep condition my hair every 1 to 2 weeks to help my hair stay moisturize throughout the week.
4. Hair Routine: I make a hair routine for me to do to keep my hair in the best shape that I can. For example, On Saturdays is my wash/condition day with doing the LOC method.
5. Hair Trims: About every 3 to 6 months, I get my ends trimmed which reduce the risk a split ends.
6. Moisturize: As I mention above, I do the LOC method to keep my hair moisturize and also spray it with water/leave-in conditioner throughout the week. The one thing that you do not want your hair to be is dry, which can cause your hair to break off.
7.Healthy Diet and Exercise: Now I will admit that this is one tip that I need to work on more but a healthy body means healthy hair. Everything you eat and everything you do, affects your body….including your hair.
Please Share Your Hair Tips for Retaining Hair Length in the Comments Below
Have you met Eboni?