Last week I challenged you to a 5 week total body challenge where each week you will work a different body part for 5 days straight. Week one is Glutes, followed by arms, legs, core and abs. In addition, I also want to focus on nutrition. Both fitness and nutrition go hand and hand and without one you cannot effectively apply the other. So I am introducing a 5 Weeks Better Nutrition Challenge. Each week, we will focus on replacing bad habits with good habits. The first week, we are going to focus on WATER. Why water, because water benefits your body!
1. Water keeps your body hydrated. Here is a good indicator of your hydration level, if your urine is really yellow, you need water!!!!
2. Water helps with weight loss. Why, because it helps to control your caloric intake if you drink it before you eat and at zero calories, you can drink as much as you want.
3. Water helps detoxify your body! Water flushes out toxins out of your system and helps to prevent kidney stones and urinary tract infections. It also helps to prevent constipation!
4. Improves skin complexion. Better hydration, means more moisture when it comes to your skin, leaving you with less wrinkles and a clearer complexion
5. Prevents cramps and joint pain. Now that you are challenging your body, hydration is essential to reduce your risk of joint pain and muscle cramps.
The goal is to drink half your body weight in water. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you will need to drink 75 ounces of water. During this week, you will also cut out sodas and juices! Next week we will look at Sugars, followed by bad carbs, good proteins and then bringing it all together!