Here’s what you will need:
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
zest of one lemon
5 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
8 ounces (1 cup) 7Up, Sprite, or Sierra Mist
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 10-cup capacity bundt-style pan with non-stick cooking spray such as Pam for baking. This has flour in it and I find that it helps with a clean release after the cake has baked.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and beat on medium high speed for 5 minutes. Add in sugar and lemon zest and continue beating for another 5 minutes. The mixture will be light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding in the next, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the extracts and mix until incorporated.
4. Slowly mix in the flour and lemon-lime soda alternatively, starting and ending with flour. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 75-85 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully invert the cake onto another cooling rack and allow it to cool completely
This recipe may seem overwhelming but it’s a fairly simple cake to make.
So what’s your favorite recipe?
This recipe was shared by LaNette!